Customer-specific solutions with measurable results
Sub-supplier Gebrs. Frencken in the Dutch town of Eindhoven, falls under the category ›High Mix/Low Volume‹. With the purchase of two HELLER H 4000 4-axis machining centres with pallet magazine, stability, precision, process reliability and quick set-up were paramount. The horizontal concept is a winner, especially in terms of chip management.
- Manufacturing machines have to be absolutely sturdy and precise
- Possibility of fast response to market requirements and thus quick delivery times
- Short setup times
- Optimal chip disposal
- Machining virtually without vibration
- Process reliability for unmanned operation
Project scope and solution
- Manufacturing cell that comprising two H 4000 4-axis horizontal machining centres, a loading robot and a Cellro pallet magazine
- HELLER ›SpeedCutting‹ spindle
- 408 tool storage places and 35 pallets measuring 500 x 630mm for different batch sizes and a variable range of parts and materials
- Pallet change in 13 seconds
- Chip-to-chip time of only 3 sec.
- The HELLER ›SpeedCutting‹ spindle offers up to 16,000rpm, 40kW and 95Nm of torque.
- The dynamic performance also enables rapid traverse rates of 90m/min and 8m/s2 acceleration.
- High-quality surface finish through high process reliability
- Investment in machine tools meeting the requirements in terms of productivity and quality